Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Slackin' Off

The girl with the food blog is bringing cranberry sauce, rolls and booze to her brother's this weekend!? What a slacker I am!! No, seriously, I just have to take things that don't require fresh-prep on Saturday as we are going to Atlanta on Friday for a puppet show. Also, I am being kind to Jennie and trying not to overload her refrigerator with stuff before the big party. A good house-guest tries to keep out of the way! I have also decided to make a trip over to Trader Joe's on Friday afternoon and pick up some stuff to throw on a platter (relishes, pickled and roasted veggies - sort-of an antipasto plate, if you will). It will be my first time there and I'm sure I will have plenty to share about the experience.





I feel so guilty about the lack of homemade goodness this week that I thought I'd share a good breakfast recipe with you.





Pumpkin Pancakes

These are the perfect thing to make with half a can of leftover canned pumpkin! They turn a gorgeous golden color and are fabulous for breakfast or a fun snack!

Whisk together in a large bowl:

  • 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1-3/4 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Combine in another bowl:

  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 can of cooked, pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)

Mix the liquid ingredients quickly into the dry ingredients. Cook on a hot griddle until the edges are dry, then turn and cook until golden brown on 2nd side. Serve with real maple syrup and cinnamon-nutmeg whipped cream*.

*To make cinnamon-nutmeg whipped cream, simply add a few shakes of each to your heavy whipping cream along with the sugar. This stuff rocks on coffee!!

No comments: