Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To Veggies, With Love

Summer is upon us and vegetables are coming in from all over. I know I'll be taking advantage of fresh seasonal offerings. I want to post a few recipes from my coffers that are among my best. Some veggies are quite versatile and one can prepare them in a plethora of ways. There are others that offer more of a challenge. I have one recipe for brussel sprouts - it's excellent and I never diverge from it. So, here is my recipe for brussel sprouts. If you're not a fan, I beg you to try them this way just once and see if it changes your mind.

BROWNED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
16-20 brussel sprouts, washed, dried and halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil, maybe more
2 cloves garlic, peeled
melt the butter in a medium iron skillet over medium-low heat. add your garlic and slowly brown (careful not to burn it). remove garlic and reserve. place brussel sprouts cut side down in pan and cook slowly until golden-brown. remove from pan. chop toasted garlic, sprinkle over the top and serve immediately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'll definitely make these!

Kara said...

Sounds good! Now I need your pimento cheese recipe. I have been wanting it for a week now! And wanna see if we can split a Costco membership? I am in need!