Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gluten Goddess

So, we're still in week one of being gluten free and I'm taming the beast nicely. I really like to tackle a problem and bring it into full submission. Therefore, I will not be giving up baking and I will not be giving up easy to grab snacks. I've spent a lot of the day today educating myself on all things gluten-free. I found the most delicious looking website, elana's pantry. She has a cookbook out and in the world of gluten free, she is a virtual goddess. If you are interested in going gluten free or also in recipes that cut down on the sugar content and offer lower glycemix index scores, you should definitely check it out. I like her recipes, because she gets very specific on what brands of ingredients she uses and why. Baking is a science and a lot of these products vary from one manufacturer to the next. I'm dying to bake up some chocolate chip cookies! On my shopping list:
  • Almond Flour
  • Agave Nectar
  • Arrowroot (which I have actually used before)

No comments: