Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lovin' Them Sweet Potatoes

It is now November and I am so excited about all the good stuff we get to fix in the upcoming holiday season. I took pictures of this salad a few weeks ago because it was such an unusual way to use sweet potatoes. With all the sweet potatoes in our future, I thought I could share this cool idea. I don't always have french fries in my freezer but I always have Alexia Sweet Potato Fries there. They're quick, tasty and much more nutritious than your traditional fast-food variety of fry. We eat them with wings (they taste great in blue cheese dressing!) and in place of regular fries with any meal. I invented this use for them out of desperation when I literally had no food in the house! Sometimes the best tastes arrive this way. It's just your basic salad with grilled chicken, red bell peppers, chopped parsley and crispy sweet potato fries! For the dressing, I chose a Parsley Lime Vinaigrette from the Joy of cooking. All of these flavors melded so well together and the dressing was a perfect compliment! If you love sweet potatoes as much as I do, get excited about them this year and find some new and interesting ways to eat them. Not only are they so delicious; but they are so great for you too!


No comments: