Monday, September 22, 2008

Football Watchin': UGA vs. CMU

Central Michigan University. Need I say more? Of course we stomped 'em. It was a pretty boring game to be honest. I think college football really benefits from age-old rivalries and such. I love it when eager tailgaters burn Steve Spurrier in effigy and concoct funny (yet perhaps somewhat questionable) recipes involving gator tail. Unfortunately, the Chippewas had more people scratching their heads than stockpiling enthusiasm. Many of the bulldawg nation actually had to google Chippewa to find out what one was (It's a Native American tribe, in case you're lost). Tim McGraw educated me a few years ago when he stated that his baby was a Chippewa.



Anyway, not really wanting to stretch my imagination much for this one, our contribution to the tailgate was very simple - homemade salsa. I even let Baxter make it, even though it is sort of my specialty. He made such a good batch of it that I probably won't ever be able to make it again - darn! As far as the theme goes, Michigan is a pretty frigid place - maybe a scoop or two of this would keep them warm on those cold winter nights!







Salsa and "Chip"ewas



3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 medium mild onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
Juice from 1/2 a lime

Very simple here - put all that good stuff in a bowl and mix it up! You may want to let the juices drain before you serve it with your favorite brand of chips - I like Snyders All Natural White Corn Tortilla Chips. This is also great with tacos, nachos, burritos, empanadas etc...



No comments: