Monday, September 22, 2008

Keepin' It Kosher





Rosh Hashannah is around this time of year and I have a very appropriate post to share with you. Since Baxter found out last year that he is 1/8 Jewish, he and our Jewish neighbor have been sharing a bit of bonding. The other day, Bill came over with a couple of very interesting beers and we drank them last night with a bowl of chili. Beer and chili - it doesn't get much better than that. The name of the beer? He'Brew of course! He'Brew: The Chosen Beer, has a couple of different varieties. We really enjoyed the Genesis Ale. It was a nice light brown ale, pretty hoppy and very drinkable. Thousands of tiny champagne-like bubbles flowed up from the bottom of the glass, and the head was perfectly foamy. Layers of lace graced the glass as I drank it. Unlike the dark brown ales I usually go for, I could drink more than one of these. Unfortunately, one was all I got! It's kosher, if you are concerned with that and it's brewed in New York. I highly recommend it.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

The name of this really cracked me up. I love it. I'll have to see if I can find some around here. David usually goes for the darker ales as well, but is always open to try new brands.

For me...I'll stick with my red wine. Some days I'm counting down the hours until 5pm.

Myrna said...

This is just so much fun, isn't it? If I haven't already said it, thank you Jennifer, for introducing me to the world of blogging.