Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trader Joe's Sesame Crepes

I could go on and on about Trader Joe's right now but I won't. If you're interested in Trader Joe's, I added a link to the Trader Joe's fan on the web. Check it out in my Yummy Blog Bites section to the right. I grabbed this interesting little snack right before we left the store. It was a total impulse buy and I half-expected them to be strange and nasty. I'm glad I followed my impulse. Just like the package says, TJ's Sesame Crepes are a sweet, nutty and chewy snack. Baxter and I both loved it. Did your mom ever make you that snack treat recipe on the back of the Corn Flakes box? It was basically peanut butter, corn syrup and corn flakes pressed down like rice krispy treats. My brother and I loved these things but they weren't very good for you (obviously). Well, these sesame crepes taste exactly like that to me. Peanut and cashew butter, sugar, and a nice coating of sesame seeds. We really loved it and it was really cheap...that's why I grabbed them. It's a traditional Vietnamese snack that I could really sink my teeth into. My only warning: eat them outside. 1/2 a crepe is one serving and upon tearing it in two, sesame seeds went all over the place! Time to break out the dust buster.

No comments: